Here are the ways you can help:
- Homemade meals. You can bring us meals you’ve prepared at home or help us cook in the church kitchen.
- Donate food, fresh or frozen, as long as it is not expired.
- Make a monetary donation. Checks can be made payable to 5Loaves2FishNMI or via the Leland Community United Methodist Church, memo “5loaves2fish”. Checks may be mailed to either:
- PO Box 516, Leland, MI 49654
- 106 4th Street, Leland, MI 49654
- We also have a donation link for electronic donations via Square:
- Give some of your time. We need help not only preparing meals, but serving, cleaning up, and organizing the kitchen.
Current Volunteer Hours and Opportunities:
- Mondays: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (in the kitchen preparing meals) or 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM (at Safe Harbor or Veterans’ Park)
- Wednesdays: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (in the kitchen preparing meals) or 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (serving meals at the Friendship Community Center in Suttons Bay)
- Thursdays: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- NOTE: Volunteers are not required to volunteer all the hours of a given day. Please just stop by or contact us and we can send you our volunteer sign-up schedule
- Kitchen location: 106 4th Street, Leland, MI 49654 (in the Leland Community United Methodist Church)